Region VII AAA offers volunteer opportunities with a number of our programs.
MMAP (Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program)
Your experience as a volunteer can have a meaningful impact on the program and the lives of Michigan’s residents. Call the MMAP Manager to join the Volunteer Team at 1-800-803-7174.
PATH (Personal Action Toward Health)
Benefits of participating in MI PATH:
1) Build partnerships with agencies in your region to leverage resources and expand outreach into communities served;
2) Access to evaluation reports that can be generated for agencies, regions, or state wide;
3) Opportunities to participate in coordinated MI PATH-sponsored leader and master training programs and statewide meetings.
1) Obtain a license and become an implementation agency;
2) Host a workshop or leader training at your site;
3) Work with licensed agencies to identify and refer potential leaders to be trained to conduct PATH in your area;
4) Organize PATH workshops to be conducted in the communities you serve, particularly high risk areas;
5) Join Michigan Partners on the PATH!
1) IdentifyPATHprograms offered in your region;
2) Promote PATH workshops to people who are participating in other chronic disease education (e.g., diabetes self-management, asthma education);
3) Refer clients to attend aPATHworkshop;
4) Inform health professionals about PATH and the benefits of referring clients to PATH.
For more information about PATH please contact Region VII AAA at 1-800-858-1637.