Join older adults and advocates from across the state in Lansing on May 17, 2017 for Older Michiganian Day sponsored by the Area Agencies on Aging and Aging Network Partners.
This year’s statewide advocacy platform includes asking lawmakers to:
- Continue work on making Michigan a “No Wait” state for aging services
- Protecting Medicaid
- Legistative attention to the Direct Care Worker Crisis
- Re-balancing Michigan’s long-term spending (so more people can age in place)
- Prevent and responde to Elder Abuse
- Increase dementia care and support
- Approve a Home Accessibility Tax Credit
- Improve Transportation programs
Please visit http://www.oldermichiganiansday.com/ call Region VII AAA at 1-800-858-1637, or find the event “Older Michiganians Day” on facebook.